Compare Excel Files
DiffEngineX is a software utility that finds the differences between the constants, formulae, defined names, comments and VBA macros contained in either two whole Excel workbooks or selected worksheets. It is not an Excel add-in as it exists outside of the Excel environment. It is a stand-alone dot exe.
DiffEngineX has many powerful options available on its Extras and Options dialogs.
It generates a cell-by-cell difference report in a new spreadsheet and color highlights different cells in automatically made copies of your workbooks.
As Excel spreadsheet files become modified over time new rows and columns can be inserted between existing ones. DiffEngineX can align both similar rows and columns in the sheets being compared.
It has many powerful features such as the ability to hide matching rows, group like changes to adjacent cells and highlight differences
at the character level.
here to find out more.
- Compare constants, formulae, comments, Excel defined names & Visual Basic for Applications code between workbooks or selected worksheets.
- Powerful option to highlight precisely the parts of formulae and text constants that differ on the report e.g.
- Color highlighting of differences, at the whole cell level, made to copies of your workbooks (separate colors for additions, deletions & modifications).
- Optional removal of existing worksheet color before highlighting added.
- Can optionally hide matching rows enabling convenient discovery of widely separated differences.
- Compare formulae or their calculated values.
- Report can group like changes if they are made to adjacent cells (report lists 1 change to a range of cells).
- Can be run using command-line arguments or from its user interface.
- Difference report created in a new workbook.
- Option to ignore numeric differences below a user-specified threshold
- Alignment of columns and/or row with similar content between sheets.
- Hyperlinks from the difference report to the color highlighted workbook copies