All Windows Operating Systems (Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, ...)
- Click here for the DiffEngineX download (44.4 Mb).
All Windows Operating Systems, But Not Windows 8
- Click here for the DiffEngineX download (1.70 Mb). The installer will automatically download supporting files from Microsoft's website if they are not already installed on your computer.
- Click here for the full DiffEngineX download (30.4 Mb). Contains all supporting files.
Both the full and smaller download will work regardless of what software you have on your Windows computer (Office or Excel is the only requirement). However the smaller download may require an Internet connection during the installation procedure.
DiffEngineX is free to use for the first 30 days for the purposes of evaluation.
DiffEngineX is a desktop application, not an Excel add-in i.e. it runs outside of Excel.
All our executables are digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
- Download the trial version of DiffEngineX using one of the links above.
- Right-click on setup.zip (or exceldiff.zip if you chose the smaller download) and select Extract All.
- Follow the instructions to extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Navigate inside the folder and double-click on setup.exe.
- We recommend you install as an Administrator rather than a Standard or Limited User.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
It is recommended not to open Excel workbooks by double-clicking on them while DiffEngineX is comparing sheets. If you need to open an Excel workbook while DiffEngineX is running, do it from inside Excel.
The Short Guide To Using DiffEngineX is recommended reading.
Currently VBA macros are not loaded during the process of spreadsheet comparison. If you have cell formulae referencing user defined functions written in Visual Basic, you may want to contact us for our special build of DiffEngineX which loads Visual Basic for Applications macros.
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DiffEngineX will not work unless the following is installed: Any version of Microsoft® Excel or Microsoft® Office (all versions from 2000 to 2013)